November 2023 Pharmacist's Board Exam: Filing Requirements, Schedule, Deadline, Coverage
The Pharmacy Board Exam is a standardized test for Filipino citizens who want to become licensed pharmacists in the Philippines.
Passing the pharmacy board exam is the last challenge for graduates who want to become professional pharmacists. To take the board exam, you will have to apply in the PRC, submit all the required documents, and pay the fee.
On this page, we will talk about the requirements, coverage, schedule, and steps you need to take to register for this licensure exam.
If you are planning to take the Pharmacy board exam soon, read the step-by-step process below:
Table of Contents:
Who can Take the Pharmacists’ Board Exam?
Not everyone can take this board exam. You must be a Filipino citizen and a graduate of a BS Pharmacy to be eligible. Check the rest of the eligibility requirements below:
Pharmacy Board Exam Eligibility Requirements:
- Graduate of Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy/ Master of Pharmacy from a PRC-recognized institution
- At least 18 years old
- Filipino Citizen
- A person of good moral character
- Must not have been convicted of a crime involving moral turpitude
If you are sure that you are eligible based on the requirements above, proceed to Step 1:
Step 1: Check the Application Date Period for the Pharmacist’s Board
First, you need to know the date of the next exam and the period for application. This board exam is held twice every year; around the months of April and November. To avoid disruption in the online registration system, the PRC only allows applicants to start their application during the designated period. This period is around two months long and usually starts three months before the date of the exam. Check the application period for the next exam below:
We try to keep the dates below as accurate as possible. If you missed the last board exam, come back to this page to check the dates for future board exams:
When is the next Pharmacy Board Exam?
Next Exam: November 2 and 3, 2023
Start of Filing/Application Date: August 2, 2023
Application Deadline: October 3, 2023
Releasing of Results: November 8, 2023
Next Exam: April 10 and 11, 2023
Start of Filing/Application Date: January 10, 2023
Application Deadline: March 13, 2023
Now that you know the date of application, you need to prepare for the online application. Before you start with the application, make sure that you have the following available when needed. The process will ask for them later on. To start the online application, you will need the following:
- Email Address
- Mobile Number
- Digital ID Picture saved in the computer (in jpg format, 2×2 photo with white background, collared attire, less than 6 months old)
- Scanned Copy or Clear Photo of your Cedula (Community Tax Certificate or CTC)
- Other Personal Information (Name, Address, School Graduated, Graduation date, etc.)
The PRC requires applicants to create a profile on the Licensure Examination and Registration Information System (LERIS) before going to the local PRC office. In this step, you will create a profile, enter your personal information, and start the payment process. Only after payment will you be able to go to the PRC office to continue the pharmacy board exam application.
1. Go to the LERIS Page (Click Here) to start the online application.
Note: Please take note that the website is sometimes down due to the high volume of traffic. For best results, please try signing up between 12 midnight to 7 AM
Please be informed that the previous user accounts from www.prc-online.com are no longer active. Register a new account at online.prc.gov.ph.
2. Fill out the Registration Form, check the Terms and Conditions box and click the “Sign Up Now” button
If you already have an account, you can sign in using the “Sign In” tab. After typing your email address and password, click the “Sign In” button to start.
3. Log in to LERIS using the Sign In tab to complete your personal information details and submit the requirements
- Personal information
- The photo indicated above
After logging in, add your personal information:
The Personal Information you need includes:
- Name (First, Middle and Last)
- Suffix (Mr, Miss, etc)
- Family Background (Mother’s, Father’s or Spouse’s Name)
- Employment Status
- Community Tax Certificate Details (Cedula Number, Place and Date Issued)
When the information fields are complete, click the “Save Information” button at the bottom of the screen.
To complete the process, confirm the information you have entered. Check the spelling of your name because this can no longer be changed in the future:
Add your Photo
You will be able to add a photo to your PRC profile on the following page. Make sure that you already have a digital copy of a 2×2 photo with a white background on your PC. You should also be in collared attire in the photo. If you are wearing glasses in the photo, the photo will not be accepted. Those with long hair should also make sure that their ears are visible in the photo.
You will be able to schedule an appointment with the PRC Office of your choice through LERIS after you have completed your registration.
To schedule a visit to your local PRC office, go back to your profile and click on the “Select Transaction” Button. This can be found in the sidebar on the upper right side of the screen:
By clicking on the “Select Transaction” button, you will open a pop-up with multiple tabs. Click on the Examination Tab as seen below:
After filling up the required information, click on the “Proceed” button in the bottom right part of the popup.
After following the instructions above, a reference number will be assigned to your transaction. Take note of this reference number because you will need it when making the payment to your preferred payment option.
Step 6: Go to the PRC Regional Office on your Schedule
Pharmacy Board Exam Requirements For Filing For First Time Test Takers:
1. Original and Photocopy of Transcript of Records (TOR) from your school with:
- Special Order (SO)
- Date of graduation
- Seal of the school
- Scanned picture
- Remarks “For Board Examination Purposes Only” (CHED recognition and permit to operate for graduates of new schools / programs)
2. Original and Photocopies of Authenticated Birth Certificate (NSO)/ PSA Marriage Contract for female applicants
3. Receipt of Examination Fee (Paid through your selected payment option Step 5)
4. Cedula (Photocopy)
5. PRC Number (From the Information Section of the PRC Office)
Step 7: Prepare for the Pharmacists’ Board Exam
When you have the Notice of Admission or NOA, you are eligible to take the exam. To prepare for the exam, you must first collect your notes on all the subjects covered by the exam:
COVERAGE OF PHARMACY BOARD EXAM
1) Pharmacognosy (15%)
- Plant Chemistry
2) Pharmaceutical Chemistry (20%)
- Inorganic Pharmaceutical and Medicinal Chemistry
- Organic Pharmaceutical and Medicinal Chemistry
- Qualitative Pharmaceutical Chemistry
3) Pharmacology and Pharmacokinetics (15%)
- Incompatibilities and Adverse Drug Reactions
4) Pharmaceutics (17.5%)
- Manufacturing Pharmacy
- Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms
- Physical Pharmacy
- Jurisprudence and Ethics
5) Practice of Pharmacy (17.5%)
- Compounding and Dispensing Pharmacy
- Clinical and Hospital Pharmacy
- Pharmaceutical Calculations
6) Quality Assurance & Quality Control (15%)
- Microbiology and Public Health
- Qualitative Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Drug Testing with Instrumentation
Review Tests for Pharmacy
What is the Pharmacy Board Exam Passing Rate?
To pass the board exam, the test taker must score an average of 75% with no rating of less than 50% in the subjects enumerated above.
What to Wear During the Exam?
To avoid headaches, you should also prepare the things you need in advance. This includes your clothes for the exam date.
On the day, wear a white collared shirt with black pants and black shoes.
Regional PRC Offices Contact Information
If you have concerns and you need help from the local PRC Offices, you may want to call them through these numbers:
NCR – [email protected]
BAGUIO – [email protected] Tel No. (074) 665-4338, 661-9105, 665-4335
BUTUAN – [email protected]
CAGAYAN DE ORO – [email protected] Tel No. (08822) 712-772
CEBU – [email protected] Tel No. (032) 2535330
DAVAO – [email protected] Tel Nos. (082) 234-0007 to 08 (082) 234-0006
GENERAL SANTOS – [email protected]
ILOILO – prc.iloilo[email protected] Tel Nos. (033) 3292730, (033) 3292733, (033) 3293705
LEGAZPI – [email protected] Tel No. (052) 4813079
LUCENA – [email protected] Tel No. (042) 3737316
PAGADIAN – [email protected] Tel No. (062) 9250080
ROSALES PANGASINAN – [email protected] Tel No. 09065686215
SAN FERNANDO – [email protected]
TACLOBAN – prc.taclobancit[email protected] Tel Nos. (053) 3239729, (053) 8322519, (053) 8322520
TUGUEGARAO – [email protected] Tel No. (078) 3040701
Do You Need Technical Assistance with Your PRC website account?
If you have technical concerns with the PRC websites including resetting your password, mismatched record edit, and other related concerns, you may email them at: