NAPOLCOM EXAM 2023: How to Apply (Step by Step) – Requirements, Schedule, Review
The PNP Entrance Examination or more popularly known as the NAPOLCOM Exam is a standard test for people who want to become a part of the Philippine National Police. In this article, we will talk about the steps that you need to take to register for it and the requirements that you need to prepare.
Before you start the process, you must first check if you are eligible to take the exam:
Who can take the NAPOLCOM Exam?
- Filipino Citizen
- 30 Years or Younger
- Graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree
- Patrolmen or women with temporary PO1 appointment
When is the next NAPOLCOM Exam?
NAPOLCOM Exam Schedule: April 10, 2022
How to Apply for the NAPOLCOM Exam (PNP Entrance Exam):
Step 1: Schedule an Appointment using the OLEASS
To start the application, you must go to the Online Examination Application Scheduling System (OLEASS) in the NAPOLCOM website. The OLEASS is only open for a short period (two months before the examination).
PNP Entrance Exam 2022 OLEASS Application Period:
- 2023 Schedule: To be announced
- February 14-18, 2022
- Time: Noon (12 pm) Onwards
Your schedule will depend on the first letter of your family name:
- February 14 – A, B
- February 15 – C, D, E, and F
- February 16 – G, H, I, J, K, and L
- February 17 – M, N, O, P and Q
- February 18 – R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, and Z
We will update the dates above when a new schedule has been published by the National Police Commission.
1. During your schedule, log into Napolcom.gov.ph
2. Fill out the mandatory fields:
- Last Name
- First Name
- Name Extension
- Middle Name
- Contact Number
- Date of Birth
- Email Address
3. Check the details you have entered and press “Submit”
4. Wait for the confirmation message
5. Print the confirmation letter and take note of the filing date
Step 2: Bring the confirmation letter to the nearest NAPOLCOM office on the filing date
NAPOLCOM Exam Requirements:
Bring the following when you go to the regional office:
- A printed copy of the confirmation letter
- Printout of Application Form and Index Card duly filled out by the applicant
- 2 recent 1×1 pictures (white background + nametag with last name, first name, middle name). They must be identical.
- One legal-sized window envelope with mailing stamps worth Twenty Pesos (₱20.00)
- Transcript of scholastic record (with Special Order by CHEd) and Diploma from CHEd-accredited schools, universities, and colleges
- PSA Birth Certificate
- Exam fee: 400 Pesos
For Temporary Patrolmen or Women:
- Certified copy of Attested Appointment or Special Order
Step 3: Prepare for the NAPOLCOM Exam
After submitting all the requirements, you will be informed of the schedule of your exam. Usually, this is two months after the registration period.
During the Day of the Examination:
After registering for the exam, the next step is to prepare for the day of the exam. First, let’s talk about the prescribed attire:
What to Wear in NAPOLCOM’s PNP Entrance Exam?
- Plain white T-shirt or collared shirt
- Dark pants
- Dark shoes
Applicants who fail to wear the prescribed attire will not be allowed into the test area.
Also, bring the following:
- Notice of Admission
- 2 Government Issued ID with Picture and Signature
- Pens, Pencils (Number 2), Erasers
What subjects are included in the NAPOLCOM Exam?
- General Information
- Verbal Reasoning
- Logical reasoning
- Quantitative Reasoning
What to Expect During the Exam?
Because of the pandemic, the PNP Entrance Exam has implemented strict rules to prevent the spread of the disease. Constantly check the NAPOLCOM website for any advisories regarding the health guidelines to be followed within the testing center.
In the 2022 exam, the following measures were implemented
- A limit of 15 examinees per room
- No eating inside the exam area
- No sharing of pens, pencils, and other personal items
- Temperature checks before entry to the testing center
How long is the NAPOLCOM PNP Entrance Exam?
The last PNP entrance exam had 200 multiple choice items. You are given 3 hours to finish the exam.
What is the passing rate of the NAPOLCOM PNP Entrance Exam?
You will need to score an average of 70% to pass the exam.
What happens after I pass the exam?
When the exam is over, the results of the exam will be posted on the NAPOLCOM website and the Central and Regional Offices. A Report of Ratings document will be mailed to the test-taker’s address.
What if you failed to take the exam?
If you are scheduled to take an exam, but you failed to show up, you can take the CAEx Exam by scheduling in the OLEASS or by going straight to the CAEx location as a walk-in applicant.
What is the CAEx?
The CAEx is the computerized version of the PNP Entrance Exam given by the NAPOLCOM. It has more scheduled dates but you still need to apply using the OLEASS and bring the requirements listed above. Please refer to the official NAPOLCOM memo for the CAEx application: https://napolcom.gov.ph/pdf/CAEXmarch22.pdf
You may also Like: