2023 MECHANICAL ENGINEERS' Board Exam: Filing Requirements, Schedule, Deadline, Coverage
The board exam is the culmination of the four years you spent in college as a Mechanical Engineering student. In the Mechanical Engineers’ Board Exam, the skills and knowledge you’ve gained in school will be tested. Only after passing this test will you be able to practice this profession.
To take the Mechanical Engineers’ board exam, you must first sign up with the Philippines Professional Regulatory Commission or PRC. On this page, we will talk about the different steps you need to go through to register for the exam. We will also talk about the documentary requirements and the process of payment.
See the Table of Contents below for faster page navigation.
Table of Contents:
Who can Take the Mechanical Engineers’ Board Exam?
Not everyone can take this board exam. You must be a Filipino citizen and a graduate of a BS Mechanical Engineer to be eligible. Check the rest of the eligibility requirements below:
Mechanical Engineers’ Board Exam Eligibility Requirements:
- Graduate of Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineers/ Master of Mechanical Engineers from a PRC-recognized institution
- At least 18 years old
- Filipino Citizen
- A person of good moral character
- Must not have been convicted of a crime involving moral turpitude
If you are sure that you are eligible based on the requirements above, proceed to Step 1:
Step 1: Check the Application Date Period for the Mechanical Engineers’ Board
The Mechanical Engineering Board exam happens twice a year around the months of February and August. Applicants are only allowed to start the online application two to three months before the schedule of the exam. The schedule of upcoming exams in 2023 are listed below. Make sure that you are ready with all the requirements when the application period arrives.
We try to keep the dates below as accurate as possible. If you missed the last board exam, come back to this page to check the dates for future board exams:
When is the next Mechanical Engineer Board Exam?
- Next Exam: FEBRUARY 26 and 27, 2023
- Start of Filing/Application Date: November 25, 2022
- Application Deadline: January 27 , 2023
- Next Exam: AUGUST 5 and 6, 2023
- Start of Filing/Application Date: May 5, 2023
- Application Deadline: July 6, 2023
When the application period has started, you may start creating the online account in the PRC LERIS system. For this stage of the application process, you may want to have the information listed below ready because you will need them at some point in the process.
- Email Address
- Mobile Number
- Digital ID Picture saved in the computer (in jpg format, 2×2 photo with white background, collared attire, less than 6 months old)
- Scanned Copy or Clear Photo of your Cedula (Community Tax Certificate or CTC)
- Other Personal Information (Name, Address, School Graduated, Graduation date, etc.)
If you have all the information listed above, the next step is creating an account on the PRC LERIS website. This is where you will submit your personal data and your digital photo. After completing the required information, you can sign up for the next exam and schedule an appointment with your local PRC office. Your schedule will only be finalized when the PRC has received your payment. This system prevents fixers from making fake appointments.
1. Go to the LERIS Page (Click Here) to start the online application.
Note: Please take note that the website is sometimes down due to the high volume of traffic. For best results, please try signing up between 12 midnight to 7 AM
Please be informed that the previous user accounts from www.prc-online.com are no longer active. Register a new account at online.prc.gov.ph.
2. Fill out the Registration Form, check the Terms and Conditions box and click the “Sign Up Now” button
If you already have an account, you can sign in using the “Sign In” tab. After typing your email address and password, click the “Sign In” button to start.
3. Log in to LERIS using the Sign In tab to complete your personal information details and submit the requirements
- Personal information
- The photo indicated above
After logging in, add your personal information:
The Personal Information you need includes:
- Name (First, Middle and Last)
- Suffix (Mr, Miss, etc)
- Family Background (Mother’s, Father’s or Spouse’s Name)
- Employment Status
- Community Tax Certificate Details (Cedula Number, Place and Date Issued)
When the information fields are complete, click the “Save Information” button at the bottom of the screen.
To complete the process, confirm the information you have entered. Check the spelling of your name because this can no longer be changed in the future:
Add your Photo
You will be able to add a photo to your PRC profile on the following page. Make sure that you already have a digital copy of a 2×2 photo with a white background on your PC. You should also be in collared attire in the photo. If you are wearing glasses in the photo, the photo will not be accepted. Those with long hair should also make sure that their ears are visible in the photo.
You will be able to schedule an appointment with the PRC Office of your choice through LERIS after you have completed your registration.
To schedule a visit to your local PRC office, go back to your profile and click on the “Select Transaction” Button. This can be found in the sidebar on the upper right side of the screen:
By clicking on the “Select Transaction” button, you will open a pop-up with multiple tabs. Click on the Examination Tab as seen below:
After filling up the required information, click on the “Proceed” button in the bottom right part of the popup.
After following the instructions above, a reference number will be assigned to your transaction. Take note of this reference number because you will need it when making the payment to your preferred payment option.
Step 6: Go to the PRC Regional Office on your Schedule
Mechanical Engineering Board Exam Requirements For Filing For First Time Test Takers:
1. Original and Photocopy of Transcript of Records (TOR) from your school with:
- Special Order (SO)
- Date of graduation
- Seal of the school
- Scanned picture
- Remarks “For Board Examination Purposes Only” (CHED recognition and permit to operate for graduates of new schools / programs)
2. Original and Photocopies of Authenticated Birth Certificate (NSO)/ PSA Marriage Contract for female applicants
3. Receipt of Examination Fee (Paid through your selected payment option Step 5)
4. Cedula (Photocopy)
5. PRC Number (From the Information Section of the PRC Office)
Step 7: Prepare for the Mechanical Engineers’ Board Exam
When you have the Notice of Admission or NOA, you are eligible to take the exam. To prepare for the exam, you must first collect your notes on all the subjects covered by the exam:
COVERAGE OF Mechanical Engineer BOARD EXAM
In the Philippines, the mechanical engineering board exam is a test aspiring mechanical engineers must take to become licensed professionals. It covers various topics related to mechanical engineering, including thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, and materials science. To pass the exam, a candidate must demonstrate a thorough understanding of these and other critical concepts in mechanical engineering.
- INDUSTRIAL AND POWER PLANT ENGINEERING – 35%
- MATHEMATICS, ENGINEERING, ECONOMICS AND BASIC ENGINEERING SERVICES – 35%
- MACHINE DESIGN, MATERIALS AND SHOP PRACTICE – 30%
- a. Notice of Admission
- b. Official Receipt
- c. Two (2) or more pencils (No. 2)
- d. Ball pens with BLACK ink only
- e. One (1) piece long brown envelope
- f. One (1) piece long transparent/non-colored plastic envelope (for keeping your valuables and other
- allowed items)
- g. NON-PROGRAMMABLE CALCULATOR
- h. Health Forms
- i. Negative RT-PCR Test Results, if applicable, or Certificate of Quarantine or Certificate or copy of the Complete Vaccination Card for fully vaccinated examinees
NOTE: ONLY ONE (1) NON-PROGRAMMABLE CALCULATOR SHALL BE ALLOWED INSIDE THE EXAMINATION ROOM. CALCULATORS SHALL BE INSPECTED.
If you don’t have a non-programmable calculator yet, you may want to buy one ahead because calculators tend to run out of most bookstores around the dates of the exam. If you have the time, you may also order online.
Review Tests for Pharmacy
What is the Mechanical Engineers’ Board Exam Passing Rate?
To pass the board exam, the test taker must score an average of 75% with no rating of less than 50% in the subjects enumerated above.
What to Wear During the Exam?
To avoid headaches, you should also prepare the things you need in advance. This includes your clothes for the exam date.
On the day, wear a white collared shirt with black pants and black shoes.
Regional PRC Offices Contact Information
If you have concerns and you need help from the local PRC Offices, you may want to call them through these numbers:
NCR – [email protected]
BAGUIO – [email protected] Tel No. (074) 665-4338, 661-9105, 665-4335
BUTUAN – [email protected]
CAGAYAN DE ORO – [email protected] Tel No. (08822) 712-772
CEBU – [email protected] Tel No. (032) 2535330
DAVAO – [email protected] Tel Nos. (082) 234-0007 to 08 (082) 234-0006
GENERAL SANTOS – [email protected]
ILOILO – [email protected] Tel Nos. (033) 3292730, (033) 3292733, (033) 3293705
LEGAZPI – [email protected] Tel No. (052) 4813079
LUCENA – [email protected] Tel No. (042) 3737316
PAGADIAN – [email protected] Tel No. (062) 9250080
ROSALES PANGASINAN – [email protected] Tel No. 09065686215
SAN FERNANDO – [email protected]
TACLOBAN – [email protected] Tel Nos. (053) 3239729, (053) 8322519, (053) 8322520
TUGUEGARAO – [email protected] Tel No. (078) 3040701
Do You Need Technical Assistance with Your PRC website account?
If you have technical concerns with the PRC websites including resetting your password, mismatched record edit, and other related concerns, you may email them at: