2023 ARCHITECTS' Board Exam: Filing Requirements, Schedule, Deadline, Coverage
The Architects’ Board Exam is the final test to becoming a professional architect in the Philippines. This exam is managed by the Professional Regulatory Commission (PRC) and is usually held in January and June.
To take the exam, you will have to apply to the PRC during the published registration periods. On this page, we will talk about how you can go about online registration, submission of documentary requirements, and payment of fees.
See the Table of Contents below to navigate the page faster.
Table of Contents:
Who can Take the Architects’ Board Exam?
Only Filipino graduates of BS Architecture or an academically equivalent course are eligible to take this exam. In addition to the college diploma, the prospective test taker must also have two (2) years of diversified training and experience after graduation before taking the test. Check the rest of the eligibility requirements below:
Architecture Board Exam Eligibility Requirements:
- Graduate of Bachelor of Science in Architecture/ Master of Architecture from a PRC-recognized institution
- BS in Architecture Holders: Two (2) years of diversified training and experience after graduation
- If the applicant has a Master’s Degree in Architecture, they are only required one (1) year of practical experience
- At least 18 years old
- Filipino Citizen
- A person of good moral character
- Must not have been convicted of a crime involving moral turpitude
If you are sure that you are eligible based on the requirements above, proceed to Step 1:
Step 1: Check the Application Date Period for the Architects’ Board
Eligible applicants can apply with the PRC on the scheduled period set by the Commission. The Architecture board exam is usually held in the months of January and June.
The application period is usually two to three months before the exam. You will not be able to start with the online application outside of the designated dates. Check the schedule below to plan your application process:
We try to keep the dates below as accurate as possible. If you missed the last board exam, come back to this page to check the dates for future board exams:
When is the next Architects’ Board Exam?
- Next Exam: January 25 and 27, 2023
- Start of Filing/Application Date: November 2, 2022
- Application Deadline: December 26, 2022
- June 9,11, 2023
- Start of Filing/Application Date: March 9, 2023
- Application Deadline: May 11, 2023
When the application period starts, you can start setting up your PRC LERIS account. You can set up the account ahead of the application period but you will only be able to schedule an appointment with the local PRC between the dates stated above.
To set up your LERIS account, you will need the following:
- Email Address
- Mobile Number
- Digital ID Picture saved in the computer (in jpg format, 2×2 photo with white background, collared attire, less than 6 months old)
- Scanned Copy or Clear Photo of your Cedula (Community Tax Certificate or CTC)
- Other Personal Information (Name, Address, School Graduated, Graduation date, etc.)
The LERIS account contains your personal profile within the PRC database. It will allow you to create an account, confirm your identity, choose a testing location, schedule an application date with your preferred PRC office, and facilitate payment. Only after completing these steps will you be able to go to the PRC office to submit the documentary requirements.
The first step is to create an account by signing up with the website:
1. Go to the LERIS Page (Click Here) to begin the online application.
Note: Please take note that the website is sometimes down due to the high volume of traffic. For best results, please try signing up between 12 midnight to 7 AM
Please be informed that the previous user accounts from www.prc-online.com are no longer active. Register a new account at online.prc.gov.ph.
2. Fill out the Registration Form, check the Terms and Conditions box and click the “Sign Up Now” button
If you already have an account, you can sign in using the “Sign In” tab. After typing your email address and password, click the “Sign In” button to start.
3. Log in to LERIS using the Sign In tab to complete your personal information details and submit the requirements
- Personal information
- The photo indicated above
After logging in, add your personal information:
The Personal Information you need includes:
- Name (First, Middle and Last)
- Suffix (Mr, Miss, etc)
- Family Background (Mother’s, Father’s or Spouse’s Name)
- Employment Status
- Community Tax Certificate Details (Cedula Number, Place and Date Issued)
When the information fields are complete, click the “Save Information” button at the bottom of the screen.
To complete the process, confirm the information you have entered. Check the spelling of your name because this can no longer be changed in the future:
Add your Photo
You will be able to add a photo to your PRC profile on the following page. Make sure that you already have a digital copy of a 2×2 photo with a white background on your PC. You should also be in collared attire in the photo. If you are wearing glasses in the photo, the photo will not be accepted. Those with long hair should also make sure that their ears are visible in the photo.
You will be able to schedule an appointment with the PRC Office of your choice through LERIS after you have completed your registration.
To schedule a visit to your local PRC office, go back to your profile and click on the “Select Transaction” Button. This can be found in the sidebar on the upper right side of the screen:
By clicking on the “Select Transaction” button, you will open a pop-up with multiple tabs. Click on the Examination Tab as seen below:
After filling up the required information, click on the “Proceed” button in the bottom right part of the popup.
After following the instructions above, a reference number will be assigned to your transaction. As of the writing of this article, the fee is P900.
Take note of this reference number because you will need it when making the payment to your preferred payment option.
Step 6: Go to the PRC Regional Office on your Schedule
When you complete the application process in the PRC office, they will give your Notice of Admission. You will have to show the NOA to the proctor on the exam day. It will contain your name, the exam details, and your examinee number.
Architects’ Board Exam Requirements For Filing For First Time and repeater Test Takers:
1. Original and Photocopy of Transcript of Records (TOR) from your school with:
- Special Order (SO)
- Date of graduation
- Seal of the school
- Scanned picture
- Remarks “For Board Examination Purposes Only” (CHED recognition and permit to operate for graduates of new schools / programs)
2. Original and Photocopies of Authenticated Birth Certificate (NSO)/ PSA Marriage Contract for female applicants
3. Receipt of Examination Fee: P900 (Paid through your selected payment option Step 5)
4. Cedula (Photocopy)
5. PRC Number (From the Information Section of the PRC Office)
6. College Diploma (First Timer)
7. PTR, IAPOA number of architect mentor (First Timer)
8. Valid NBI Clearance (First Timers & Repeaters)
Bachelor’s Degree Holders:
Logbook of Diversified experience
Affidavit of Experience signed and sealed by a registered Architect with updated ID
Master’s Degree Holders:
If the applicant has a Master’s Degree in Architecture, they are only required one (1) year of practical experience
Affidavit of Experience signed and sealed by a registered Architect with updated ID
Step 7: Prepare for the Architects‘ Board Exam
When you have the Notice of Admission or NOA, you are eligible to take the exam. To prepare for the exam, you must first collect your notes on all the subjects covered by the exam:
COVERAGE OF ARCHITECTS’ BOARD EXAM
- History and Theory of Architecture
- Principles of Architectural Planning
- Structural Conceptualization
- Utilities Systems
- Building Materials
- Architectural Design and Planning
Review Tests for Pharmacy
What is the Architects’ Board Exam Passing Rate?
To pass the board exam, the test taker must score an average of 75% with no rating of less than 50% in the subjects enumerated above.
What to Wear During the Exam?
To avoid headaches, you should also prepare the things you need in advance. This includes your clothes for the exam date.
On the day, wear a white collared shirt with black pants and black shoes.
Regional PRC Offices Contact Information
If you have concerns and you need help from the local PRC Offices, you may want to call them through these numbers:
NCR – [email protected]
BAGUIO – [email protected] Tel No. (074) 665-4338, 661-9105, 665-4335
BUTUAN – [email protected]
CAGAYAN DE ORO – [email protected] Tel No. (08822) 712-772
CEBU – [email protected] Tel No. (032) 2535330
DAVAO – [email protected] Tel Nos. (082) 234-0007 to 08 (082) 234-0006
GENERAL SANTOS – [email protected]
ILOILO – [email protected] Tel Nos. (033) 3292730, (033) 3292733, (033) 3293705
LEGAZPI – [email protected] Tel No. (052) 4813079
LUCENA – [email protected] Tel No. (042) 3737316
PAGADIAN – [email protected] Tel No. (062) 9250080
ROSALES PANGASINAN – [email protected] Tel No. 09065686215
SAN FERNANDO – [email protected]
TACLOBAN – [email protected] Tel Nos. (053) 3239729, (053) 8322519, (053) 8322520
TUGUEGARAO – [email protected] Tel No. (078) 3040701
Do You Need Technical Assistance with Your PRC LERIS website account?
If you have technical concerns with the PRC websites including resetting your password, mismatched record edit, and other related concerns, you may email them at: